The Florida Swimming Byron Plapp Scholarship Program has been established to benefit swimmers who have participated in competitive swimming within the Florida Swimming LSC.
Florida Swimming includes in its mission the support of members in the organization in developmental competitive swimming programs through all levels of age group competition and the assistance in the education of athletes. The Byron Plapp Scholarship has been established and implemented to further those goals.
The specific purpose of the program is to identify and reward talented high school graduates involved in swimming and to provide aid toward their advanced education.
This years scholarship award will be in the amount of $1000. All materials must be mailed in one envelope by May 1st, 2019.
Click to download: Byron Plapp Scholarship Application 2019
To apply for the Byron Plapp Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a current member in good standing and registered for at least three years with Florida Swimming
- Be a junior or senior in high school, planning to attend a college, university, trade school or medical school
Additionally, the applicant may only apply for this scholarship once per lifetime.
The following application form requires the items below to be considered complete:
- A minimum of three(3) letters of recommendation including at least one (1) each from each of the following: teacher or academic advisor, coach, and teammate or classmate
- List of awards and other outside activities
- Certified high school transcript
- If a high school senior, a letter of acceptance to a college, community college or career school